Monday, May 25, 2009

garage sale saturday, I need to pay my hearts outstanding bills.


I am slowly downsizing my life. I have always kept everything, because it reminded me of someone or something and made me feel good, and now I realize maybe I don't need quite so many things to remind me of the people I love and one thing for each person will suffice. My best friend Tessa was over on Saturday and watched me go through boxes for several hours. She basked in my childhood memories and said that one of the things she loved most about me was that she could come here and listen to my memories, since she doesn't have quite as much memory evoking stuff.

Everyone has memories, but my little trinkets and doodads hold special pinpointed memories that I am slightly afraid to lose, but I know I don't want to haul all of this stuff around for the rest of my life. Since I don't have a place where I can really store any of this junk it will just be slowly chipped away at as my memory fades and I grow more and more weary of my cluttered existence.


My friend Angela went to one of those quater machines and put in quarters until she collected ALL of the homies for me.


I got all of these in happy meals in the 80's. Mac Tonight is also what I believed the boogeyman to look like. He lived in my grandfathers tool shed. I still think he is terrifying.

That being said the reason for the all of a sudden downsizing is I am moving, well that and the 6 boxes in the kitchen I never quite unpacked from when we moved in a year ago. We are upgrading to a large 4 bedroom house with 6 really awesome people crammed into it. It has a basement and an attic and although none of us have seen the inside of the house I am confident it will be fantastic as well. I drove by it yesterday and it gigantic! I am so excited to live in a house of such grandeur!! Also my friend mandie will be living with us and she has a dog which I am totally excited to live with. I can't wait!

No comments: