Monday, March 9, 2009

simple pleasures

2009 so far has been a growing experience. Since moving out of my fathers house last spring I have quickly come to realize that paying rent totally fucking blows. I also have learned that I unfortunately do not make as much money as I thought I did when we first moved in.

For the first six months of being on my own I afforded myself so many of lifes simple pleasures. I have since maxed out my credit card and the pleasures are fewer, far between, and much simpler. In these situations one must budget, lucky for me I actually enjoy budgeting.

First I try to eat really cheap simple foods, I stop going to stores and shopping online. I will make every possible combination of food in the house until I am down to just staple foods, and then run out of those and have to shop. I have been baking more lately because I usually have the ingredients for that. Pancakes are also a sinch. In times of crisis I also ride my bike a lot, luckily daylight savings is now in effect and I will have a few more hours of daylight to get home. I also recently patched holes in some old jeans and ressurected them back into my wardrobe. I am upping the punx, I can totally get away with it.

In the opinion of TV FBI guy Special Agent Dale Cooper I should give myself a special treat every day. I will try to Dale but not all of us have that fancy government salary. Until I get my debt under control I am afraid the only treat I'm getting is a nap or maybe some rice.

1 comment:

Richxxx said...

maybe thats why you were always happy before..because you didnt have to pay rent?

stupid dumb ass rent!