Monday, March 1, 2010

Vegan brunch!

My friends had a big vegan brunch at their house yesterday. It was two bucks a plate to help cover the cost of ingredients, and tons of friends came from all over that I hadn't seen in a while. It was warm and sunny out, and everyone had a lovely time, OH and the food was delicious! My favorite part were the whole wheat waffles, with earth balance and agave they were just what my tummy wanted. There was also potatoes and tofu scramble and lentils! YUM!

I had a really great time, I always love when we can have a positive group of people just enjoying each others company. Also the weather was so nice that it felt like spring for the first time. I almost wore shorts but then thought better of it and decided to just not wear a second layer under my pants, baby steps.

We rode our bikes home and found awesome junk on the side of the road that one of our neighbors had abandoned. Mander got a ridiculous cow poster that is now in our kitchen. (two of the cows are rainbow colored) Also since I finally got a hammer and nails to complete my garden bed (pic below!) we decided to finally hang up tons of shelves and frames and mirrors that we had neglected to do anything with before. It was quite a productive day! Afterwards we went to the fancy outdoor mall and made fun of people and looked for boots Rachel wanted (they didn't have them) and then we went to the goodwill and I scored some brand new goulashes for only 10 bucks! The rain has been pretty abundant and nothing gets me crankier than wet feet!



Saturday morning Tessa picked me up bright and early and took me to the hardware store to get supplies, I didn't think I would be able to complete it in time with the rain storm that was coming. (and never came) I got home and went right to work on building my garden bed! I want to have it ready so that once my little window sill crops are ready I can move them outside without having to worry about Selena dumping on them or walking on them! She is a good dog but not the smartest dog so setting up boundaries for her makes it extra clear that that spot is MY territory.

After I finished my project I got cleaned up, ate some food and then Tessa came back and we hung out for a while with some friends and then picked up Mander to go to a loud noisy punk show at Gilman. We also got pizza at Lanesplitters before the show, which is always a treat!

Overall I consider the weekend a success!

No comments: