Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Invasion from below!

My garden is getting bigger everyday! Sometimes I look back at old pictures and scoff at how dinky it once was! Here are some pictures of the lovely stuff I have growing!

spinach, red leaf lettuce, and broccoli! I have almost depleted all the lettuce from making salads so often! I feel like I have been using a lot of spinach too but probably not as much as I think. Maybe it just grows really really fast? It seems huge to me!

More broccoli! this stuff is immense! I can't wait until it actually produces something edible!

My tomatoes and some basil I planted at the bottom a few days ago! These suckers are getting huge! I brought one to a friend and on the way out of my backyard I got a "I know what that is" comment from one of my super astute neighbors. I told him it was a tomato plant and he said "SUUUREE" and so I gave him a "Haven't you ever seen a weed plant before? they don't look like this" I mean some of them might, but I wanted him to feel like "duh of course i know what sticky purp looks like or something" I think I just wanted to look hard so he wouldn't try to break into my backyard and smoke my tomatoes.

My squash! The one by the wall is so much bigger! I am not sure why! Also I thought these would get taller and I feel bad cause the tomatoes are stealing all it's sunshine! I hope they survive! I want my squash!


Pole beans!! I really really didn't think these guys were going to make it, but with a little help they are doing just fine and starting to crawl on their own! I clipped off some dead leaves, and tied them up to the chicken wire with little slings. Two of them have little vines creeping out trying to grab onto stuff (I helped those along too!) "oh hey mr. vine, the fence is over here!" They are like little photosynthesizing Mr. Magoos.

No comments: