Monday, June 15, 2009

c'mon get happy.

I have been slightly busy as of late, over the last 2 days I have moved almost everything I own from my old house (the motham) to my new house (the pillowfort) exactly .99 miles down the street. I have taken a lot of stuff by bike since I do not have a car currently as I wait anxiously for the warranty company to agree to fix my transmission. All the big stuff was moved by the brothers Lindow and my friend Mark, thanks guys!! All that remains in my old haunt is some kitchen appliances, food in the cupboards, and a tornado of random items and garbage awaiting sifting and packing.




I really love my new spot, it is .99 miles closer to work and cuts out one unnecessary hill I would have to ride up on my daily commute. Also it is in a nicer neighborhood with less mice and cockroaches! YES!!! The pillowfort also has a basement where my band can practice and where we can have shows once we test the waters and make sure the neighbors don't whine too much! It has a three car garage which won't house any cars, and an oven from the future!! My room is upstairs!! UPSTAIRS!!! I know this doesn't impress most of you but I have never lived in a house with stairs... so its really freaking exciting for me. Also, I already really fucking hate stairs.




The ceiling in my room is slanted on both sides because its the roof, I am one of the 2 people in the house that can actually stand up in that room without hitting my head so I feel like i've earned it. I do however hit my head on the slanted parts of the ceiling when I am digging through a clothes pile (my dresser won't fit) or playing records. I am getting used to slanty roof and seem to mind my noggin even when unnecessary. The best part is I have a great excuse to get handsome dudes to lay down in my bed with me. So where are all the handsome dudes?




Since my car is so lame and broken I have been riding my bike every day for the past 2 weeks to and from work. 10 miles a day, a little bit more from moving, and soon to be 1.98 miles less!! Yessss!! I love riding my bike but all of this "i have to" crap is getting on my nerves, I would really like to visit gilman or the east bay again someday. I am totally annoyed that I can't get out there, stupid BART. I mean technically I could ride my bike to the bus station and take a bus to Fremont and then the BART to Berkeley and then take a really long walk but since I can't bring my bike on BART it would take waaaayyyy tooo long and I don't feel good about locking my bike up in sketchy ass fremont. I do however thoroughly enjoy the amount of gas money I am saving.




Also my friends have been super duper awesome and supportive as of late, I am pretty positive I have the best friends I could ever ask for.



future oven!!



hot males lay down here.


midget door/ record nook






happy place.

No comments: