Thursday, June 18, 2009

I am a killer of cars.

I drive them, and drive them, into the ground. so far into it. I am unmerciful. I am unrelenting. I am currently a "bike to work" kind of girl.

I borrowed the "company car" to move some stuff from my old house to my new house over the past few days, it is an old subaru wagon and really helped me get shit done. I was happy to have anything with a backseat as opposed to pack mule-ing items in my messenger bag on my bike. The worst time was when I decided to bring the ingredients to make cake with me:
5 lb bag flour,
5lb bag of sugar,
tub of shortening,
brand new big bottle of canola oil,
powdered sugar,
nearly full bottle of apple cider vinegar.

I got the approximately 20lb bag on my back and as it tightened on my chest and made things hard to breathe I simply repeated to myself "its only a mile, its only a mile" the entire way home.

Anyway the subaru did its duty, it got all of my crap over to the pillowfort in only 3 loads. This morning as I tried to leave for work the engine merely clicked at me. I tried to jump start it even though I was positive it was the starter, and I was right. There is now a dead subaru stuck in my driveway, hopefully it will be gone sometime tomorrow.

Everything is really overwhelming today, I can't wait to get off work, go to the bike store to buy a new lock and a light, and then bike downtown to see third eye blind for free at the park with lots of my friends. I am not moving anything tonight but might head over after the show to grab my ice skates and some pillowcases that are still at the house. I was on my hands and knees scrubbing behind the toilet last night so the old house is probably the last place I want to be tonight. I am so relieved to be finally done (almost) the remainder of my stuff there can almost definately fit into one garbage bag.

Tomorrow my band is playing an acoustic instore at hot topic, its a little strange but whatever its a show. We haven't sold out I promise.

No comments: