Monday, January 25, 2010

FOOD RAGE?

So lately everything in my life has been wonderful and amazing. I could not be happier, well maybe if my ridiculous debt was paid off but other than that I feel pretty good. I feel that in my enamored blissful state the only thing that seems to get me worked up anymore is food. You gotta find something to be unsatisfied with right?

Last weekend my wonderful boyfriend took me out to this awesome pizza place he has been raving about since we started dating. He was going to be his treat and these pizza's are quite expensive so I was feeling pretty pampered. We are about to order and we inquire (just to be sure) that the pizza was vegan, and the waitress informed us the pan would be coated in butter, being the bad vegan that I am I decided to just "eat around" the parts touching the butter, I didn't want to waste the trip or seem ungrateful. Then ANOTHER waitress comes up and tells me there is whey in the dough. I try to justify just eating toppings but apparently they are all baked in under the dough, and everything is all gooey and it would be impossible to keep it kosher.

I felt so silly in the restaurant when I started crying cause the only thing I could eat there was salad! I was hungry, and disappointed, and in a state of food rage. I feel embarrassed that a ruined meal can get the best of me but luckily my wonderful boyfriend walked me down the street to a lovely little indian food place that was really delicious.

I feel crazy sometimes, but then I talked to my bff Tessa last night and she was like "of course you got upset! you were hungry and you couldn't eat anything! I would have been pissed too!" so that made me feel a lot better.

I feel like such a brat sometimes.

No comments: