Friday, April 3, 2009

2 years is a very very long time...

To be without a grandma. Its been exactly 2 years since I last saw her, I think about her and miss her everyday. I know that everyone dies someday, but I really wish we could have had more time.

I am luckier than most people, I had a grandma who loved me unconditionally, even when I dyed my hair funny colors and put holes in my face. She was always there, and always supportive of anything and everything I ever did. She raised me as her own, and taught me everything I needed to know. She was better than a parent, she was a saint.

She went to every school play, every choir preformance, sighed the softest, laughed the loudest. She cut the crust off my sandwiches, for years she would buy cordoroy pants at yard sales just because I had a pair. She was the sole provider of my socks and underwear for at least three quarters of my life thus far.

I don't think I will ever love someone or be loved as much as she loved me. She made me who I am, and I can never thank her enough. I am a better person because she was such a huge part of my life.

I always have dreams that she didn't die and that she's just around giving out sage advice and everythings good. I always feel like that's her checking in on me. I have never been religious or into any of that spiritual hoo hah, but for her sake I really really hope there is a heaven where she can eat menudo, listen to mariachi bands and watch her soaps all day.

I love you grandma.

No comments: