Monday, February 15, 2010

Mairzy Doats


My Grandpa finally made it to heaven for his eternal date with Grandma. He was a little late for valentines day but I'm sure she understood. Finally being back in the arms of your lover after almost 4 years has got to beat out chocolate and flowers any day.

I didn't think he would last as long as he did. He was 89 years old. He wanted to leave us the day grandma died, his world was pretty miserable without her. Then the Alzheimers took over and he forgot how to be miserable and started checking the mail 15 times a day. I thought it was funny, and it pissed the hell out of mom.

Thank you for helping to raise me, and for not dropping me as a baby, and for always loving me in your own way. You taught me a lot about life and you were always there when I needed you. Thanks for letting me steal all your cardigans in high school, and for playing me records and 8 track tapes. You taught me how to grow food, and compost, and play horseshoes. Thank you for all the trips to Half moon bay and other places my parents never had time to take me. You enriched my childhood in so many ways, I was super lucky to have grandparents as wonderful as you two. I'm grateful I have so many fond memories of you, I am sorry it took me til adulthood to start showing you more affection. I always loved you, and I always will, I hope you know that.

1 comment:

crystal! said...

awww, sorry danny. grandpas are awesome but sounds like he was ready to go.