Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I miss you everyday.

Today is my Grandmother's birthday, my Abuelita, who raised me like a mother. Who supported me in everything I did, who never missed a play, choir preformance, or holiday. My guiding light, she taught me how to be confident, to be independant and most importantly to bargain shop. She never failed to tell me how beautiful she thought I was all the time, and no one better understood the importance of clean socks and underwear.

I still think about her everyday, and its so hard to hold back the tears when I talk about her. I always make jokes because my voice starts to quiver and my throat tightens. She was the most important person in my world and I have never felt as much love from anyone as I did from her. I know no one will ever make me feel that way again, I also know how lucky I was to have someone so amazing in my life.

No comments: