Friday, November 7, 2008

sunny side up

Today was one of those days that just started out great and you just couldn't help but know when you woke up that it would stay great.

I fell asleep last night about half way into "the lonely guy" starring Steve Martin, the part where he hears on the news report about the lonely rock band that committed suicide! (Way to go Danielle!) I don't remember much after that. I went to bed thinking trevor couldn't practice and being anxious about not having a real band practice before our two shows this weekend. I woke up at 1:30 am and turned off the TV, this is pretty normal for me, I have a hard time staying awake through most things. Mark had sent me a bunch of aim messages asking if we were practicing and I sleepily typed back to him "its up to you guys" practice without a drummer seems useless. I rolled over and went back to sleep.

I woke up this morning at about 8:30, I probably passed out by 10:30 so I got a considerably huge amount of sleep, which seems to be the case lately. I had a text from trevor saying he could practice after all, I texted him back out of laziness but then decided to just get out of bed and look for him, he was on the couch.

I sat with him for a good hour and watched the remainder of the sci-fi classic "the day the earth stood still." The house wasn't too cold, I could see the beautiful morning colors coming through the curtains and trevor seemed to have a fountain of knowledge spewing forth from him as he told me interesting movie facts. We marvelled at the amazing non computerized special effects, it was just such a great movie to wake up to.

After the movie I got ready for the day, ate pumpkin pie for breakfast and threw the tofurkey in the crock pot. (It had been staring me down from the fridge for far too long.)

I got to band practice five minutes late but five minutes before everyone else. Mark opted not to come so we did our best without him. My voice is totally shot from singing all weekend at the fest, I also have a cute little cough that I wanted to break into mid song. Tomorrow should be interesting, at least commadre will understand. Overall it was a lot of fun, the best part was probably me attempting to play the drums and sing "be my baby" while leo and trevor laughed their asses off. The combination of my overworked voice and horrible rythm skills is a treasure to be heard.

After practice I sat in a hammock for a long time and then went to work, work was the low point of my day but it wasn't so bad. I found out my friends are having a baby, which is nuts but they seem so excited. I also borrowed a bunch of dvds from work including two boxsets of haunting which my roomates will gladly watch with me, and some fraggle rock which I haven't watched in ages. I also used some store credit I had to pick up a MST3K boxset.

While making selections at work our universal rep came in and dropped off two tickets to see rise against at the event center by my house, I knew my friends would be there because Alkaline trio was opening. Since they were free tickets my boss was totally cool with me taking them and leaving work early to go to the show! I got my friend Jess to go with me but we both only really wanted to see alkaline trio so we went back to my place and ate at least half of the tofurkey, oh god it was delicious. Oh and more pumpkin pie (3 slices today, I'm a winner!)

We got to the show and found parking close to the school and took a short walk to the concert, we made sure to make fun of everyone we saw along the way and over dub their conversations with our own hilarity to make them look stupider. Jess is a lot younger than me, but mature enough that she doesn't get on my nerves, she kind of just makes me feel 18 again too. I really enjoy spending time with her. Anyway, we get in, I get stopped every two minutes by an old friend and we watch the last few Thrice songs and then head downstairs for Alkaline trio.

By this point I have found Avi, who I just saw all weekend, and some other old friends and we link arms and make a beeline into the sea of people, this seems like a bad idea, a really bad idea, but they only played one song I didn't know so I ended up jumping around like a maniac the entire time anyway. The best part about people seas are; 1. I can pretend to be beligerently drunk and fall on people or make them hold me up cause they've got nowhere else to go. 2. I can expell all my rage and anger by pushing everyone around me. 3. I can step on peoples toes, and pretend it was an accident. 4. I feel like I'm excersizing because of all the sweat. 5. I can jump and dance around like a moron and yell!

Okay I did all of those things, it was awesome. The best part for me was when this dude kept trying to push me back into the pit, I turned around and grinned like an idiot and pushed him twice as many times into everyone around him, obviously it was all in fun, cause I was grinning. I just loved watching this dude who was bigger than me tripping all over himself everytime I pushed him into something. The worst part was I managed to get teo flat tires! (The shoe kind) Those are annoying.

We left the show after alkaline trio played, after deciding against purchasing their 20 dollar tee shirts and 10 dollar beer coozies. I saw floyd on our way out and give him a nod which was weird cause I very seldom see him outside of San Fran. The walk back to the car felt amazing and I dropped Jess off so we could both crash out early. I got home and changed and have been just laying on my bed doing nothing for an hour, its kind of nice. I need to get to bed early so I can see my casa kid in the morning and possibly wake up early enough to eat breakfast before that. Life is hard. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Ajay said...

liked your blog.I'm also from san jose.Can we date once..mail me if you are interested