Saturday, October 4, 2008

rain. work. vacation. art. lunch.

It rained last night. The first time in a while, I always forget how much I like fall. I had a great show last night with Paul Baribeau, Goodluck, Fischer and Sourpatch. It was my biggest show to date and lots of kids came out. It was one of those crowds where everyone there was in really good spirits and having a good time, no one was an asshole. It ruled. I got to sing a song with sourpatch which was totally fun. I couldn't hear myself at all but I got lots of compliments after so I guess I did okay. I hope someone took pictures.

I am stuck at work today and I'm starting to feel sick. I woke up with a sore throat, probably from too much singing yesterday. (band practice, and then the show) I really just want to go home and rest, oh well I can't complain too much. I need the money!

At the end of the month I am going to Florida for the fest. I am super duper anxious to get the hell out of here and go have some fun. There are hundreds of bands and people I am excited to see, and one person in particular I am REALLY excited to see! (If florida doesnt kill you first) I'm going to run around all weekend and go crazy and try to stop occasionally to breathe/sleep/eat! I can't wait!

I feel like i've been having a bit of writers block lately. I think i'm just too happy? I've been in super good spirits lately and its affecting my ability to create effectively. I have been doing a lot more arty stuff like flyers and I'm working on making a large stencily thing to make a tee shirt but so far I am totally failing at that. Also a few nights ago I was up till 3am making a flyer that looked like I was under the influence of psychedellic drugs. I like colors. LOTS of colors. SOOORRYY!! My roommate said if he saw that somewhere he wouldn't even try to read it. So basically I toned it down. I will try to post them soon.

I think its time for lunch.

No comments: