Thursday, January 22, 2009

the big chair

Everyone needs to escape once in a while, luckily my work place was designed with its very own escape pod. You must traverse through the aisles, past the spinning elvis, through the elvis door, up the pink stairs, through the glass door and finally you will reach the last door. This door, adorned with the likeness of the great Fat Albert is very rarely noticed, and hides the perfect spot for me to escape, collect my thoughts and sit.

Beyond the door is a maze of white bankers boxes, filled with reciepts and stacked to the ceiling blocking out most of the light and all vision from outside. I never turn on the lights in this room because just enough filters in to make me comfortable. Even more comfortable is the glorious white leather captains chair that lives in this tiny room among the boxes. Its arms so welcoming, and its worn out skin is soft and comforting. Here in the big chair, amidst the maze of white boxes, I will sit and contemplate my day. In the big chair I can breathe.

1 comment:

jay-way. said...

i want a room like that. where are you gonna tour? are you gonna make it to la?? you should!