Thursday, December 25, 2008

fulfilled

Today started off pretty bad. I was awakened at 7:30 by my roommates to open presents, that was pretty okay except I was exhausted from driving around at 2am looking for a place that was open so I could buy candy for the stockings I made them! Yeah I totally made them, I will post them later when I'm at a computer! Anyway I think they really liked their presents and just seemed overall stoked. That's the best part for me. While we were opening presents we watched "A Charlie Brown Christmas" (its a tradition now) which was also rad, and then they went to go eat breakfast with family.

I got right back into bed and went back to sleep, I woke up repeatedly to various phone calls and texts all morning from people I haven't seen in forever wishing me Merry Christmas. That was nice except each time I would get my hopes up that it was the one person I wanted to hear from, and each time I would get a little bummed out it wasn't. This was the overall lamest part of my day, the waiting, and putting so much importance on one person. It seriously messed me up, I really need to stop doing that. I feel a resolution coming on.

Sleeping in is not something I get to do very often, its a treat. Even on my days off I have long standing commitments I have to pull myself out of bed for. Be it band practice, flyering, or spending time with my CASA kid I never really ever get a day to myself. Today I blew off my family and stayed in bed. Sure I may not be the best daughter right now but I really didn't feel like I could handle that kind of hurdle on my first real day off in months! I stayed in my pajamas until 3pm and watched a christmas story twice, and the muppets christmas carol. I am now tempted to find my Disney christmas carol on VHS and watch that because frankly, I just want to. (I have probably watched it every year since I was spawned)

When I finally got out of bed I went and saw Spirit with my friends Nick and Chris, that was pretty cool and really crazy looking. I have never read the comic but Samuel L. Jackson was hilarious and kept talking about eggs. Right on! Then I came home, my sister stopped by for about 2 minutes to open her gift, and get a tour of my house! That was fun even though it was short. Almost immediately afterwards I made eggnog french toast and tofurkey with my bestie Rich, Christine and Carissa.

After filling our stomachs with food we headed to Richs house to watch the Harold and Kumar sequel, I have never seen the first one but It was pretty funny and I was the only one who didn't fall asleep. I walked home and my fingers froze from the cold.

Oh and I forgot to mention, my christmas wish came true! I got a Merry Christmas just like I asked for. It came when I had mostly given up hope, but it did come, and it made the holiday a little easier to digest. I know I shouldn't put so much importance on people, but its really hard when they are so important to me. I would be nothing without my friends, they are all I have and I've never been very good at letting go.

"Remember, no man is a failure who has friends." Merry Christmas.

No comments: