Thursday, December 11, 2008

sugar and my soul.

Today was an amazing day. I woke up warm, before the alarm so I had time to lay there and go back to sleep. Getting out of bed kind of sucked, my room was warm but the hallway was freezing and so was the bathroom floor! I had a little bit of time before work to go to safeway, I contemplated making croissants again but didn't want to feel rushed.

I stopped on the way to work to get food. Ramen, cubes of flavor, (I can never spell bouillion right) botan rice candy, bagels. I got to work a little late, I had the office to myself all morning because my boss switched to close and I got to listen to music and relax. I had some hot tea, I walked to 7eleven craving abba-zaba but they had none so I got a peanut butter cliff bar and a stale banana laffy taffy, that part sucked too.

After work I went to this marvelous candy shop called powell's. I really really wanted that abba-zaba and knew they would have it because they have everything. I got some fancy organic chocolate bars for my secret santa and a lot of other random candy to give to friends as gifts! I even got my roommate a candy cane shot glass! Weird!

I came home to a dark cold house, no one home, but next to the door was a package for me! I don't know if I've ever told you this, but getting packages is the best feeling in the entire world. A sweet boy sent me this one, it included a christmas mix tape, a zine and a vegan "low fat desserts" cook book that I have never seen before and am very excited to try out.

I popped in the tape, pressed play and then sprawled out on my bed with the zine and started reading. It felt really good as the christmas music warmed my soul and the zine which was sweet, honest, and funny warmed my heart. I love christmas, I love the smells and the sounds and the way everything twinkles. It would be awesome if the people I wanted to spend it with were a little closer but other than that I have no complaints.

After that I watched high fidelity and wrapped some presents, now I think its bed time.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The package you got in the mail sounds lovely. I got a package too, but it was just full of socks. It's a long story. But not as exciting and music and vegan cook books!

J.

prettymess said...

It was lovely! I would have also been happy with socks though! Sometimes I wish I had a bad habit so I could quit it and use the money to buy new socks every week instead! I have problems!