Tuesday, December 16, 2008

snow on seventeen.

It has been so cold and rainy in San Jose, I haven't seen the sun in days. Today leaving work (to go to other work) I was actually kind of warm. As I approached the hill it was drizzling and the top of the hill looked cloudy and dark. Driving over the mountain at only 1808 feet I was excited to see little spots of snow on the side of the road and on rooftops, it made me smile despite the terribly sour mood I have been in.

I know snow is not a big deal for most people, but the first time I ever touched snow was in 2005, I was twenty two years old, so its kind of a big deal for me. I have only touched it once since, both times were in Tahoe, CA. Being remotely close to it makes me feel excited inside, like a little kid. The first person to take me to see the snow was my ex boyfriend Chad. We had planned the trip and broken up about a week previous but he insisted that I still come. It was a very awkward situation for me since I didn't want to be broken up but it was awesome to be experiencing something new and exciting with someone I cared about. Chad of course had seen snow a million times and lived in many snowy climates and hates the snow. The nicest thing he said to me after that trip was "I hate snow, but you made it awesome for about ten minutes."

I just found out there is this insane 17 day comedy fest happening in San Francisco next month, called SF sketchfest I really want to go to a lot of it but probably can't afford much. I will definitely make it a priority to make it to the State reunion, that should be awesome. I hope I can convince some friends to go with me.

No comments: